- Development stages, building up functionality. Never released.
- Initial beta-test level complete and made available.
- Somehow managed to fix a bug that was causing some people's browsers to not actually pop up the menu when the statusbar widget is clicked. Don't really know what the determining factor was. Also don't really know what I did to fix it, but it seems to be fixed. Yay.
- Added support for checking for updates via RDF.
- Added an icon to show up next to LJlogin's name in the extensions list. (Actually, it's just the userinfo graphic, which Firefox automatically scales up.)
- I think I've fixed the bugs plaguing interoperability with, at least, Google Toolbar and ForecastFox. As usual, feedback appreciated.
- Rejoice, 1.5 users, for with this version, I have read up on the infrastructure changes between the two browser versions and have added compatibility, so that 1.5 will install LJlogin.
- Reworked the function that pulls the name of the currently logged-in user from the ljsession cookie to compensate for a slight change LiveJournal made to the ljsession they provide.
- Compensated for the new regime of LiveJournal authentication.
- Improvements in error checking and handling, as well as various other improved optimizations to the codebase.
- Usernames are now sorted in the login menu. Letting the user choose the sort order was considered, but ultimately scrapped because it seemed to be taking things a bit far.
- Functions for uidmap maintenance: Rename and Remove Entries
- Change passwords on accounts saved in Password Manager.
- Remove accounts without going into Password Manager.
- Declare a default user to log in as on browser start.
- Incremented max version, successfully performing an instant upgrade to Firefox 2.0 compatibility without changing anything else. Genius!
- FF2.x compatibility
- Fix in cookie saving code for something that FF18.104.22.168 hadn't previously been paying attention to. (don't ask; it'll just make me cranky.)
Completed 6 years ago (09/22/07)
- Overhaul of pretty much the entire pre-existing code-base, with a great deal of cleanup and at least a little outright refactoring.
- Post-overhaul testing of compatibility with all of the other extensions that I knew had problems in the past and that I could get current, FF2.0-compatibile versions of, including Foxmarks and Deepest Sender.
- Multi-LJcode! LJlogin now supports multiple sites using the LiveJournal server code. Currently supported sites:
- Additional per-site preferences:
- Select site scheme (Horizon, XColibur, Dystopia, etc.)
- Persistent login session cookies (as an alternative to setting a default user to log in as on browser start, persistent session cookies maintain the last session logged in across restarts)
- Stealth widgets (hides username from statusbar widgets, putting it in a tooltip instead; good for users at work or who otherwise need to make their LJing less obvious to shoulder-surfers)
- Triggered page loads on user login (automatically load user's journal, friends page, or the Update Journal page, in the current tab, a new tab, or a new window)
Completed 5 years ago (06/29/08)
- Firefox 3 compatibility, including:
- Secure Updates
- Support for the Login Manager that replaces the FF1/2 Password Manager.
- Revamp the Preferences box so it's less huge, which has been causing issues with people with screens that aren't also massive.
- Add support for the Scribbld site.
- Re-examine and update existing sites' available site schemes, including adding the Lanzelot scheme for LJ.
- Additional potential minor tweaks for consideration:
- Squelch errors in attempted logouts and just kill the session silently instead.
- Maybe add "refresh this page" post-login action.
- Firefox 3 compatibility, including:
Completed 4 years ago (04/26/09)
- Basic Dreamwidth site support. (Will probably require further work later, but you'll be able to log in with it.)
- Inksome site support.
- General maintenance of existing sites.
- Fix the logout procedure so it really does expire the session.
Completed 4 years ago (05/10/09)
- Increase allowed username length to account for Dreamwidth usernames being up to 25 characters.
Completed 4 years ago (07/04/09)
- Firefox 3.5 compatibility.
Completed 3 years ago (01/09/10)
- Firefox 3.6 compatibility.
Completed 2 years ago (04/02/11)
- Firefox 4.x compatibility.
- Update the domain for Scribbld logins from scribbld.net to scribbld.com.
- Fix some problems dealing with mildly malformed session cookies.
- Fix some problems with saving/retrieving logins in the Login Manager.
Completed 23 months ago (07/04/11)
- Firefox 5.x compatibility
Completed 21 months ago (08/28/11)
- Firefox 6.x compatibility.
Switching to deployment via AMO (Mozilla Add-Ons site).
- AMO's not happening this time, but actually get the manual release signing thing working again is good enough.
Completed 20 months ago (10/01/11)
- Bump maxVersion because Firefox 7.x is already out.
These features are planned to happen eventually:
- Make it so users can install new site support without requiring a whole new LJlogin release.
- Documentation updates:
- General Usage
- Possibly i18n/l10n support.
- Possibly a general code style overhaul.
- Possibly adding SeaMonkey 2 support, now that they've moved to the Firefox-style install.rdf system.
Eventually I'll probably rename this milestone to 3.0, once I'm closer to having the code overhauled.